Top 5 Air Purifiers for Senior Citizen Housing to Eliminate Bacteria and Viruses
By Bianca Herron
12 min read
Today, indoor air quality is more important than ever — especially for senior citizens who already have a compromised immune system. If you or a family member lives in senior citizen housing, it’s essential to breathing healthy, clean air.
Fortunately, the design of air purifiers is to clean and purify indoor air, protecting against respiratory issues by eliminating airborne pollutants such as bacteria and viruses. Additionally, you are more vulnerable to catching a common cold or flu if you already have a lifelong allergy to pollen and other airborne allergens.
Air purifiers with an H13 HEPA filter or higher expertly remove the flu and COVID viruses, spread through the air with similar airborne particle and droplet sizes. These highly efficient filters can also help remove pollen, mold spores, dust mites, pet dander, and more allergens. An air purifier that also has activated carbon offers protection against allergies triggered by smoke, such as tobacco, odors, chemicals, and gases is also beneficial.
On the market today, you can find air purifiers in many styles and sizes. You’ll even find various technology and smart features depending on the brand. When choosing an air purifier, it would be best to select a unit with an H13 HEPA filter.
These filters eliminate 99.97 percent of airborne particles 0.3 microns or larger. It would also benefit you to choose an air purifier that comes with an activated carbon filter. An activated carbon filter uses tiny pores between carbon atoms to capture and trap harmful particles that pass through.
Ultimately, no matter the unit you choose, having an air purifier in your senior citizen apartment will not only help you breathe healthier, cleaner air but also improve your quality of sleep.
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 15 x 25 inches
- Weight: 21.4 pounds
- Four-stage filtration system
- Medical-Grade True HEPA filter and B4-Pure filter
- 800 square feet room coverage
- Dimensions: 16.6 x 9.8 x 22.2 inches
- Weight: 16.8 pounds
- Energy Star Rated
- 625 square feet room coverage
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 5.12 x 30 inches
- Weight: 12 pounds
- Smart air purifier and heater
- Dyson Link App
- 290 square feet room coverage
- Dimensions: 19.45 x 10.08 x 25.08 inches
- Weight: 22.44 pounds
- 328 Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)
- Four fan speeds
- Whisper Quiet
- 508 square feet room coverage
- Dimensions: 25 x 13.1 x 12.9 inches
- Weight: 11.28 pounds
- Washable pre-filter
- Low noise and energy
- Cleans the air five times per hour
- 388 square feet room coverage